Every third week of August, we celebrate the Kadayawan sa Dabaw festival. This is a time to honor the bounty we have for the year. This year will be Instakart Davao’s first Kadayawan with you. Although Kadayawan 2020 activities have been cancelled due to the onset of the pandemic, we can still celebrate at home!
With great food and even better company, here are some of the best Davao inspired recipes you can easily make at home:
Kare-Kare. Having trouble in the kitchen? Instakart has a solution for that: Mama Sita’s Kare-Kare Sauce! With just 5 simple steps, your Kare-Kare will be ready in no time:
- Boil the meat in water and simmer until the meat is tender, leaving about 1 ½ cup of stock. Set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion in a pan. Add the boiled meat and Mama Sita’s Kare-Kare Mix. Add the remaining stock. Stir and simmer for three minutes.
- Add eggplant and string beans. Simmer for three minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Stir once in a while to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan.
- Add pechay and simmer for at least two minutes.
- Serve with bagoong alamang.
With these easy steps, you now have an indulgent meal to celebrate Kadayawan with! No more pounding on peanuts for hours, with Mama Sita’s ready recipes, you no longer have to stress on what to cook next.
Caldereta. One Mama Sita’s ready recipe also available on Instakart is the Caldereta Sauce. In just three steps, you can now delight in an indulgent Caldereta we all love to celebrate with:
- In a saucepan, pan fry beef brisket in cooking oil until the edges turn brown. Add water and bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until tender. Add water if necessary. When the meat is tender, add potatoes and carrots. Simmer until cooked.
- Add Mama Sita’s Caldereta Mix. Stir and let it boil.
- Add red bell pepper, green peas and green olives. Cook for 3 minutes. Serve hot.
In just three steps, you can now dig into your favorite without the hassle of going through a long process of perfecting the taste.
Humba with Black Beans. Humba is a braised pork similar to Adobo but with a more enhanced and refined taste to it. Humba is a tad bit sweeter and with the fermented black beans in, it gives Humba a tangy pungent taste. It is very easy to make one.
- Marinate the pork pieces in a mixture of garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, ground pepper, brown sugar and bay leaves for 30 minutes. Then, boil the sauce and add the water and simmer the sauce on medium heat for 50 minutes. The black beans are added afterwards and the mixture is simmered for another 5 minutes.
Grilled Tuna Panga. This is one of Filipinos’ staple favorites served on every table in almost every occasion. It is best served with a Sukang Sinamak which is also readily available at Instakart Davao. As to the best Grilled Tuna Panga recipe, here’s one by Panlasang Pinoy:
- Combine soy sauce, lime, ground black pepper, and chili in a medium bowl. Stir.
- Add garlic and sugar. Stir thoroughly until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the tuna in a resealable plastic bag. Pour the soy sauce marinade along with the tuna. Let the air out of the bag and then seal it. Place inside the refrigerator and let it marinate overnight.
- Prepare the basting sauce by combining soy sauce and white sugar in a bowl. Stir well. Set aside.
- Heat the grill. Start to grill the Tuna by arranging it over the cooking grate. Brush a generous amount of basting sauce on the top part of the fish. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the tuna over to cook the opposite side. Baste the top and sides. Continue to grill for another 5 minutes.
- Gently flip the fish jaw to grill the other side one more time. Cook it for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once done, flip it back for the last time to cook the opposite side. Cook it for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with a dipping sauce composed of soy sauce, lime, and chili.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Grilling the juiciest Tuna Panga can sound overwhelming but it is actually very simple and easy.So if you are wondering where to order food in Davao, simply head on to Instakart, the best store to order food in Davao! With our complete set of ingredients from fresh meat, seafood, and kitchen essentials you can wisely put together a delicious and yummy meal plan with us. Simply head on to our website and make Kadayawan 2020, a gastronomic experience you won’t soon forget. Happy Kadayawan!