Davao City has just recently shifted to a Modified General Community Quarantine. This means that more establishments and businesses can now re-open. Perhaps this is good news for the economy. But it also entails a huge danger to the public. With the surge of people allowed to come out of their houses, at this rate, the virus can build a home out of a hundred more people.
The least we can do these days is to keep safe and as much as possible, clean and disinfect our home and surroundings as often as we can. This may sound expensive but it doesn’t have to be! For today, we will be sharing ultimate hacks for a budget-friendly cleaning guide at home:
- Use a DIY All-Purpose Cleaner. We use this to clean countertops, tables, mirrors, and basically any surface we can reach. With so many options in the market, it sometimes feels overwhelming to choose which one to use. But do you know that you can make one at home from three simple ingredients alone? You just need ½ cup vinegar, ¼ cup baking soda, and ½ gallon of water, mix it all and voila! An all-purpose cleaner guaranteed to disinfect every surface at home.
- Use a DIY Carpet Cleaners. Probably one of the most frustrating parts of the day is knowing that there is a stain on your carpet. Although it is inevitable, it is also costly and inconvenient to remove a stain. There are many products that guarantee a stainless carpet but bear in mind that there is a cheaper and equally effective way too. You just mix together one part white vinegar and one part water, add this to a spray bottle and spritz directly on the stain. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and rinse with a sponge dipped in warm bubbly water. After this, you’ll have a spotless carpet just like before!
- Use dishwashing liquid to wash your upholstery. Using a dishwashing liquid is a practical choice when washing the dishes because it is gentle to the hand. But it can actually be used to wash the upholstery too. You will only need ¼ cup of vinegar, ¾ cup of warm water, and ½ tablespoon of dishwashing liquid. The soap will add an extra kick while cleaning the fabric especially because it is paired with vinegar.
- Use vinegar to wash a hardwood floor. Hardwood floors make any home more sophisticated and cozy. But as much as it is pleasing to the eye, it is also very hard to clean. A little goes a long way with this one because too much access to moisture may ruin the wood. The simplest way to deal with this is to clean it with one part water and one part vinegar. Spray a little on the floor and mop the dirt away.
- Use a budget-Friendly Toilet Cleaner. The choices for this one seem endless and in the long run, maybe expensive. The most effective toilet cleaner is one that you can do your own. You will only need vinegar, essential oil, salt, a small spray bottle, and baking soda. Combine vinegar and essential oils in a spray bottle and spritz the toilet bowl. Let it sit for several minutes. Next, sprinkle baking soda inside the bowl and scrub it with a toilet brush. No one really likes this task but it is a deed that needs to be done. With this simple concoction, you no longer have to stay long hours inside the bathroom to make sure it is clean.
As much as all these sound feasible to keep you safe, you must still choose the safest choice. Buy home essential products online in an online grocery and delivery in Davao that you can trust. Instakart, a Davao online supermarket offers all the disinfectant products we’ve mentioned. It is very easy to use too. Simply head on to our website, choose home essentials and shop to your heart’s content. With our same-day delivery, a clean and safe house everyday will not be a problem!